Terror of the Stratosfiend : Cycle of the Snake-Wolf
“I know fear, for my village is forfeit. The witch coerces the flames into a whirlwind, and the hiss and crackle of wood is heard, sour, tinged by a snarl. It warps and ripples, a tear forming, and out pour the jaws of a wolf and the scales of a snake.” - A Guardian
Lots of discrete bits to put together, not quite a location based scenario, but a bunch of snakewolf to circle around into a campaign.
Is there a connection between Terror of the Stratosfiend and Legend of the Overfiend?
Inspired by tales told in front of bonfires, comes a Terror of the Stratosfiend supplement focused on bones and what we do with them.
Inside of the Dungeon Crawl Classic compatible module you will find:
- New Items: Trinkets that serve as strange luck charms
- Bone Craft: How bones are adapted to armor and weaponry. What magic ESSENCE lies inside of the bones?
- New Bestiary Entries: “Gargantuan Dryads” that trade limb for limb and the Terrifying (and teleporting) “Snake-Wolves” that come from beyond the stars (look at the cover art).
- New Ritual Spell: “Snake-Wolf Cycling” that allows you to summon the a host of snake-wolves and harness their strange power.
- New Spell Weapon: a bone truncheon forged from the ashes of a successful ritual.
- Were-Snake-Wolves: a terrifying transformation
- Scorched Bone Tea: it communicates with ghosts… perhaps they possess you?
- New Deity: Council of the Snake-Wolf. A deep space commune-nest giving their own Canticles, divine favors as per the DCC Annual. They also come with new spellburn, patron taint, and lay on hands results.
- New Curse: “Curse of the Cosmic Wasting” used for those that run from duty. It erodes your attributes over days.
- New Carousing Table: what strange things do you find in the woods? Pterodactyl Eggs? A smoldering fire? Weapons-Satellites?
- And a Rumor Table, everyone needs one.
This product is compatible with the Dungeon Crawl Classics Role Playing Game.
Writing, Layout - Sean Richer.
Cover - James Everett Jackson
Editing - Jert Crader
Special Thanks + Additional Development- Tristian LaFollette
Another Eye - Kap
Additional Images used under license from Shutterstock - Toms Z, Ana Gram, FedBul, Jakub Krechowicz, Anna Zheludkova