Old-School Essentials: Advanced Fantasy Genre Rules
56-page hardcover; A5 (Digest) size; deluxe quality sewn binding; endpapers printed with quick reference info
Author: Gavin Norman, Cover artist: Stefan Poag
Advanced Character Options
This supplement expands the Old-School Essentials Classic Fantasy game with extra classes, rules, and options inspired by the beloved 1970s Advanced rules:
- 9 human classes: acrobat, assassin, barbarian, bard, druid, illusionist, knight, paladin, ranger.
- 6 demihuman race-classes: drow, duergar, gnome, half-elf, half-orc, svirfneblin.
- All new classes are carefully designed to match the power levels of the classic Basic/Expert game.
- Rules for poisons. (Essential for assassin characters!)
- Advanced options: Optional rules to add extra depth to character creation, combat, and spell casting.
Requires Old-School Essentials Classic Fantasy
Note that this book is not a complete game! It is a supplement that adds extra player options on top of Old-School Essentials Classic Fantasy.
Requires Druid and Illusionist Spells
Spell descriptions for bard, druid, gnome, illusionist, and ranger characters are found in Old-School Essentials Advanced Fantasy: Druid and Illusionist Spells.